Dr. Bodendorfer is a board-eligible orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, shoulder, elbow, hip and knee. He evaluates and treats many orthopedic conditions in this area.
· Primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty/replacement
· Rotator cuff repair, shoulder labrum/SLAP repair and biceps tenodesis
· Open shoulder stabilization procedures, such as the Latarjet procedure
· Elbow UCL reconstruction and repair (Tommy John surgery)
· Knee osteotomies (high tibial osteotomy, distal femoral osteotomy, tibial tubercle osteotomy)
· Cartilage preservation and transplant
· Meniscus debridement (meniscectomy), repair and transplant
· Tendon and ligament repairs and reconstructions
· Fracture care
He completed his Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery fellowship at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush/Rush University Medical Center in Chicago and his residency at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, DC, where he was the Academic Chief Resident.
Dr. Bodendorfer has experience providing athletic coverage for the Chicago Bulls, Chicago Fire, Chicago Steel, Chicago White Sox, DePaul University, Georgetown University, and multiple high school teams in Chicago, Washington DC, and in Central Missouri.
Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship, 2021
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Orthopedic Surgery Residency, 2020
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
Doctor of Medicine, 2015
University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO
Bachelor of Arts, 2011
Majors: Biology and Chemistry Minors: Business Administration and Global Studies
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, University of Missouri
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Arthroscopy Association of North American (AANA)
Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
American Medical Association (AMA)
International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
Drury University Alumni Association
Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Alumni Association
University of Missouri Alumni Association
About Miller Orthopedic Specialists
Providing high-quality patient-centered care. Our services range from sports medicine, total joint replacement, spine and neck, hand and wrist, and foot and ankle surgery. Our goal is to get patients back to optimum health as quickly and safely as possible by recommending a treatment program that fits the individual needs of each patient.