Contact us Career Opportunities
$14 to $15 Hourly
Miller Orthopedic is searching for an energetic CMA to assist with patient care. This position offers full-time employment with great benefits. This is a Monday-Friday position with no weekends or holidays. Certification is a must for consideration. Submit Resume to email@example.com
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; Counsels patients by transmitting physician’s orders and questions about surgery.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Obtain insurance authorization for surgical and testing and procedures.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards; facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Supply management
- Verbal communication
- Infection control
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Customer focus
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) “Certification is required”
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in orthopedics is preferred, but not required