Clayton C. Thor, MDTotal Joint Specialist
Dr. Thor is a Board Eligible Orthopedic Surgeon.
Total joint specialist
Dr. Thor focuses on total joint reconstruction, total and partial knee replacement, minimally invasive total hip replacement, partial hip replacement, and joint revisions.
Listen to Dr. Thor’s most recent radio interview with KMA.
NEW Direct Superior Approach
Dr. Thor performs the Direct Superior Approach for hip replacements. Below are some of the benefits of the procedure
- Minimally invasive
- Muscle sparing
- Minimizes damage to soft tissues
- Avoids cutting crucial muscle groups, such as the iliotibial band and external rotators
- Spares the IT band
–The IT Band is the large muscle that extends down the outside of your leg from the pelvis to the knee. This is used in walking and bending as well as other daily activities
Direct Superior Approach typically is a 3-6 inch incision rather than the 10-12 inch incisions of traditional hip replacements.
- Total Joint Reconstruction
- Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Direct Superior Approach Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Robot Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Robot Assisted Partial Knee Replacement
- Muscle Sparing Total Knee Replacement