Contact us Career Opportunities
Join Miller Orthopedic Specialists’ great team. Get more information about starting a career with us.
Status: Full Time: 40 Hours per week with 401K Benefits
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for operating X-ray equipment that assists physicians and physician assistants with diagnosing and/or treating disease and/or injury.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area. Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjusts/sets radiographic controls. Positions patients and takes X-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians. Checks X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed.
2. Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books, and monthly reports. Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies. Complies with safety standards.
3. Cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
4. Maintains radiographic supplies and orders as necessary.
5. Requests outside images for upcoming appointments. Ensures images are available for surgery at outside facility, if necessary.
6. Our X-ray Techs also assist with clinic patients. They learn to apply casts, room patients, and assist the physician with all aspects of patient care.
Education: Associate’s degree in radiological technology from accredited X-ray technician program.
Experience: One to three years of experience as X-ray technician, preferably in orthopedic medical practice environment.
Performance Requirements: Knowledge:
1. Knowledge of X-ray procedures and protocols.
2. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform X-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
3. Knowledge of radiology equipment including safety hazards common to radiology.
1. Positioning patients properly.
2. Identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying supervisor.
3. Following infection control and radiological safety procedures.
1. Lift and position patients for the type of X-ray procedure required.
2. Notice detail in drawings and differences in shapes and shadings.
3. Apply written instructions and standardized work practices. Equipment Operated: Radiological equipment used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
Work Environment: Radiological unit. Exposure to disease, radiation, and toxic chemicals in the course of performing the work. Able to multitask and work in a high volume practice. Mental/Physical Requirements: Standing six to eight hours per day, walking, stooping, and bending. Requires ability to move equipment and transfer patients. Occasional stress when working with anxious patient. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Compensation: $14 to $15 Hourly
Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly, while ensuring total patient satisfaction in a friendly environment.
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate with insurance companies for proper authorizations and pre-certifications
- Escort patients to exam rooms
- Vitals and Phlebotomy
- Apply braces and casts
- Assist patients with all needs, both in person and over the phone
- Previous experience in healthcare is a must
- Familiarity with scheduling procedures and pre-authorizations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep on task and work in a group environment